RED LENTIL CHILLI WITH CRISPY BAKED POTATO SLICES
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of kidney beans
- 1 tin of mixed beans in chilli sauce
- 1/2 punnet of sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 a large white onion
- 50g of uncooked red lentils
- Two handfuls of baby leaf spinach
- 1 medium potato sliced and oven baked
- 1/2 organic avocado
- Handful of pomodoro tomatoes
- In a large casserole dish, gently heat the chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, mixed beans in chilli sauce, onion, mushrooms and lentils.
- After the chilli has been cooking for about 45 minutes start preparing the potatoes, avocado and tomatoes.
- Start by preheating your oven to 180 and finely slice a medium/large baking potato to around .5cm thick pieces. On a pre-foiled baking tray drizzle some olive oil or low cal spray and evenly spread the potato. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the potatoes for around 30/40 minutes or until golden brown. Keep the chilli simmering away.
- Serve your chilli on a bed of baby leaf spinach, with your crispy potatoes, sliced avocado and tomatoes.